Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Do You Wash Your Hair Too Often?



To wash or not to wash our hair; this is a dilemma I continue to struggle with each day. Every style magazine tells us washing our hair too often makes our hair dry, frizzy, and damaged. Not washing our hair everyday allows the hair’s natural oils to repair damage and helps with breakage, but what happens when you’re one of those girls who have naturally oily hair? I know if I don’t wash my hair every day it becomes heavy and looks greasy. I know, sounds so stylish, doesn’t it? Well, I’m not going to let my greasy hair stop me! I wanted hair that doesn’t look like straw but doesn’t look like I just dumped olive oil on it either. With that said, I turned to Dry Shampoo.

Basically my definition of a dry shampoo is the best alternative to allow your hair some rest without looking like a grease ball. Usually comes as a powder or aerosol spray you use just on your roots to suck up the oil without drying your hair out. I tried a couple different dry shampoos’ ranging from really cheap to really expensive. The one I like is, “Rock on” by Beyond the Zone. The product does the same job as a more expensive dry shampoo and is pretty cheap being only around $7-10 depending on where you buy it. This saves me money for some shoes.  I also don’t use a dry shampoo all the time so I imagine if you plan on using a dry shampoo every other day you might want to try a more expensive brand.

I also know of some tips/tricks I shared below. I want to know. Do you wash your hair everyday? Do you have any tips of us? Keep the comments and thoughts coming.

• Baby Powder is also a cheap alternative to a dry shampoo. Just put a little on your roots and it will suck up the oil. WARNING: Be sure you are blending the powder in or your scalp will show the white powder.

• If you feel the need to wash your hair every day, wash just the roots and leave the rest of your hair alone.

~Autumn

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to try that brand if I can find it - Living in hot and humid Florida is awfully rough on my hair but if I don't wash it everyday, I too look pretty greasy. I've tried Tresemme Fresh Start Dry Shampoo (you can find it at Target for about $5.50). I like it. It's an aerosol. But hey,I'm up for a change :)

    Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete