Saturday, February 25, 2012

Product Review: Maybelline Mineral Power


I like to switch up make-up pretty often. I do not just buy one brand or only buy expensive make-up. My thought is if the product works then it just works! If the product works and is cheap, even better!
I switch foundation all the time. Partly because I see something new I want to try and to keep my skin from getting use to just one product. Change is good ladies! Don't get stuck in the make-up rut.
Ok, now on to my review of the Mineral Power Foundation by Maybelline $9.99. I have the color creamy natural- light 5. This is your drug store version of Bare Minerals, which is also half the price. The packaging is the same, which I thought was a cleaver marketing trick! The foundation is basically crushed compact powder. It has a dusty feel/look to it. Now I'm sure your thinking, yeah yeah now get on with it. ha! Does it work to cover up? Yes. Would I pick this product over a more expensive foundation? No. Why not? Because I felt like I had to continue to layer and build. The foundation felt heavy on my face and seemed to fade fast. However, if I don't want to spend much on foundation and need something to get me by until I can save for the more expensive kind, I will choose this. I will also bring to your attention Mineral Power has more SPF than Bare Minerals. Maybelline SPF-18, Bare Minerals SPF-15. Which ever foundation you choose be sure to find the RIGHT COLOR for you. I have seen everything from girls wearing foundation that made their entire face look orange. I have seen girls who tan but their face seems to look ghostly. Foundation sets the tone on how all your other make-up you put on will look. You will end up spending just as much on foundation if you have to continually apply it throughout the day because you will run out faster.
I have lots of advice on foundation. Let me know if you would like to see another blog to go more in-depth on how I find my right shade, what kind I use and other foundation reviews.
How do you pick your foundation? What kind do you use? How do you pick your right color?

~Autumn

No comments:

Post a Comment