Monday, February 20, 2012

Glitter & Gold: St. Patricks Day



Time to get your green on! St. Patrick's Day is right around the corner and what better way to celebrate than to add a pop of green & gold to your outfit. I am addicted to glitter nail polish lately. Adds some sparkle, color, and glam for the day. The holiday falls on a Saturday this year which means we can be over the top or add just a hint of color. I am super excited to be able to take full advantage of the holiday this year. What are your thoughts on glitter nail polish? Depending on the type of glitter it can come across as tacky and cheap. Some of my favorites are OPI nail polishes and if you don't want to spend so much money on expensive nail polish I recommend buying a cheap gold polish and some fine gold glitter from the craft department. Apply the gold polish and while still wet sprinkle the gold glitter on. I like to top it off with a coat of clear polish. Now I must warn you applying glitter like this makes it extremely hard to take off. You will need to be patient with the nail polish remover! :)
What else are you looking for in a blog? I want ideas, products you'd like me to review, things you like me to talk about. Let's be overdosed on topics. :)
Tip: To do this look be sure to apply glitter one nail at a time instead of waiting until you get your nail polish on or the glitter won't stick.

~Autumn

3 comments:

  1. We love glitter nail polish - of course, with two little girly girls, who can resist! Have you checked out the Salon Effects Nail Polish Strips? My girls got me some glittery ones for Christmas - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, thanks for the comment. :) I'd love for you to post some pictures of your girls nails to show on the blog. I have not tried the Salon Effective Nail Polish Strips yet. Where can I get them? I will pick some up and write a review on how I like them. Keep the comments coming. I want the good, bad and ugly. What else would you like to see on the blog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOu can get them at Wal-Mart - of course! :) They come in a box of 16 strips. My girl's nails are so small, one box does both of them (I cut some of the strips in half)I don't have access to post photos on your blog but I can maybe email you a few for you to post.

    Your blog is fun to read. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete