Sunday, March 4, 2012

Travel: Carry On Bag

Happy Sunday ladies!!!! :) I hope you are all having a great weekend. My nieces 17 year old birthday is today and let me tell you.. I feel old. :/ lol!
So I'm watching the travel channel and day dreaming about all the places I want to visit. With traveling comes the packing. I know some pro packers and some not so pro packers. I am in te middle. I have some good tips and tricks for making the most out of my packing but I just know you all have some even better tips. I'd love to hear them! :)
First let's start with your carry on bag. I cannot stress THIS enough..i have had the airport lose my luggage enough times to know its the little things that make a huge difference. First thing I put in my carry on? An extra pair of panties. Yes ladies, I went there! Lol!! I always make sure I pack a small amount of make up, just essentials to freshen up during a lay over or really long flight. Oil absorbent sheets are a life saver. Chapstick and lotion is also a must have for me. Next, I make sure I pack some snacks. You just never know if you might get hungry, and I refuse to pay outrageous prices for some small snacks. Finally, I make sure I keep my powercord for my electronics. Airports have places you can plug in for free. :)
I am sure I am forgetting a lot more tips and might not know more. I'd love to hear your tips for traveling.

~Autumn

1 comment:

  1. as you may know, we travel a lot as a family (mostly cruises, disney, etc.) I keep what we call "the drug bag" in my closet. It a bag I never unpack! In it, I keep Advil, toothbrush and toothpaste (new and unused!), a brush, germX, soap, a washcloth, a pair of underwear and socks for each of us, feminine products, a new disposable razor and any other medications we use ie: allergy meds, etc. When we're headed out the door, we grab it and have yet to forget any of the necessities we might have otherwise left behind. I usually go through it a day or so before we leave just to make sure nothing is outdated or expired. It's very handy and saves a lot of time and headache. FYI, I also have both a "warm weather" and a "cool weather" packing list that I keep filed - this has been a major timesaver for me as well!

    ReplyDelete